***PRESS (PR) SAMPLE NOTICE: This post contains polishes that were sent to me for free from the company/brand in exchange for an honest review. All opinions stated are my own and based on my experiences. For additional info regarding PR samples, click here ***
This has been a crazy busy last couple of weeks with posts everyday. I appreciate you coming back day after day to take part in all the fun and exciting S&R and interviews. Sadly, I must return to my regular Posting Schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting next week. So finish off my 2 week blogathon, I have an exciting S&R from Vapid.
By now I’m sure it’s not secret that I have a secret crush on all things Vapid. After being introduced to them with my purchase of their core crèmes, I have stalked their IG and FB fan group for all the past shades that I didn’t own by knew they had to be mine. On that list was Campfire, Spellcaster (a HHC exclusive) Witching Hour, Demolition Barbie (from the Awesomesauce box), Who Needs Luck and Dark Twisted Fantasies…just a few. Another one was Blackened Amethyst which is back with the S&R I have for you today. Along with a new friend, the Vapid team are bringing back some oldies but goodies.
Ok, so be honest, who has an alarm or reminder set for the Vapid restock this Saturday, Oct. 29th at 2pm est/1pm cst?
Meee – I do!!
**All swatches are done using Commitment Issue Peel-off Base Coat by Vapid and Topped with Love by Love, Angeline (shiny) and Matte Me by Jior Couture (matte). Swatch photos are taken using artificial lights.**
Smoke Screen is described as a smoky grey with shifting shimmers. The shift ranges from red to warm orange into a yellow-gold.
Sweaters n’ Denim is a copper/nude when warm and dusty denim blue with heavy copper shimmer when cool. This is a very responsive thermal and has a satin finish typical of thermals.
Blackened Amethyst is a deep plum linear holo
I Spike My Coffee is a light brown nude with pink shimmer
Chick Fight (Dirty) is the same black linear holo that you’ve come to love in the regular Chick Fight but with the addition of holo flakes giving it the look of disarray thus making it…DIRTY!!!
Catch Me Of You Can (Dirty) is a teal linear holo but again, made Dirty by the addition of the holo flakes.
1) Yes, even if you have the ‘regular’ Catch Me if You Can and Chick Fight, you do need the Dirty version. I am literally kicking myself in the butt for not getting the dirty versions of Grape Stomp and Whatz-Her-Face. So please, make sure you get them!
2) Yes, Sweaters n’ Denim is as amazeballs as it looks and it lives up to the hype you see all over SM. Don’t miss it! This is by far my favorite thermal! (Side note, the photo of SnD in its warm state was a previous swatch (see bottle label) I had taken from the bottle I purchased. I found it on my FB page and decided to use it as it perfect shows the transition.) I now have 2 bottles and I selfishly want to keep both of them but may to a RAOK with my purchased bottle.
3) Blackened Amethyst was on my wishlist and I am soooo happy that I finally own it. It’s wonderfully perfect!
4) Smoke Screen, the new friend to join the Vapid lineup is sure to be a crowd pleaser with its beautiful shifting shimmers.
5) Lastly, I Spiked My Coffee was a sneaker. It’s the polish I didn’t know I wanted, scratch that, needed, until I saw it.
So there you have it! Not much to say other than, #buyallthevapids! If you haven’t dipped your toe into the Vapid pool, I implore you to do so NOW!!! I waited and waited and ended up missing out on so many and I’m so thankful Krys is bring them back but just in case she doesn’t, you better get them while you can!