Hey, I’m out of town this weekend but couldn’t leave you with out a Monday post! So todays post is an old challenge mani courtesy of When Colors Collide on FB. This color challenge based group, allows members create a mani incorporating the colors given. Challenges run every two weeks and at the end, a collage is created and posted to IG. Its a lot of fun so make sure to head on over to join. I didn’t do pictures at each step, so I’m going to do my best to describe what I did.
What I used:
Assume step #6 from Manicure Must Haves is complete and this is step #7.
- Yo Soy – Wet n’ Wild (color I’m holding in picture. Couldn’t find a link or swatch photo)
- Spencer – Zoya
- Louise – Zoya
- Creative Shop Stamper – Beautometry
- LLC-B stamping plate – LeaLaC
- #70 Barbie Pink – Mundo de Unas (MDU)
- random used gift card (scraper)
- Dry Fast Top Coat – Seche Vite
- Liquid Latex – Fun World (16 oz found in store)
- Cosmetic Application Wedge – Swisspers
- Concealer bush – Elf (for clean up)
What I did:
- I applied a single thin base coat of Yo Soy (the lightest of the browns) to my nails
- Next I applied liquid latex around my cuticle and side wall
- I added Yo Soy, Spencer and Louise, from lightest to darkest in a diagonal pattern to my dry cosmetic wedge
- While the base coat was still a little tacky, I sponged on the polish to each finger one at a time.
- I applied another layer of polish to the wedge right over the previous polish layer
- I repeated steps 5 and 6 until I reached my desired opacity
- Once I was happy with the diagonal ombre, I applied a coat of Seche Vite and allowed to dry.
- During my dry time, I selected my stamping plate and polish.
- Once the polish was dry, I stamped my design on to each finger, removed latex and cleaned up.
- Finally, I applied my last coat of Seche Vite and allowed to dry.
- Couldn’t forget to oil up and take pictures.
Again, my bad for not getting pictures each step of the way, hopefully you could follow long. what are some of your favorite color combos? I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and will join me for the next edition in Challenge Nails.